Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Japanese stuff you own  (Read 3488 times)
Demoness
Global Moderator

no u

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2009, 05:18:01 AM »

POST THINGS FROM THE MOON THAT YOU OWN!
(im really bored)
So like, over the years the books and magazines accumulated and though nothing really impressive for a collection it still kind of filled up a laundry basket.

i dusted these off and sorted them, its basically all the volumes of Angel Sancutary, Count Cain, and Godchild (Kaori Yuki shojo manga). under it are some random ones like uh, some shounen jump from 2004, random volume of ragnarok, random volume of x/1999. (i could swear up and down i had a lot more of those too *vanished*)

ANIME AND MANGA YEAAAAHhh! The other stuff here is a DS magazine with a walkthrough for super mario bros (new) DS all in moonspeak cant read a damn word but the pictures where cool. Japan sure does love spamming shit everywhere though. (where did that game and watch come from?)

aw dude fuck ya its totally the DBZ lord slug movie on VHS, and 2 disc collectors LUCARIO AND THE MYSTERY OF MEW ON DVD! oh, and theres the neon genesis evangelion n64 game (its fricken impossible to beat btw)

SHINJIIIIIIIIIIIIII

just when you couldnt rage hard enough, look what i found stowed away in a corner for years! IS THAT SOME SHOJO BEAT WITH VAMPIRE KNIGHT ON THE COVER? WHY YES, IT IS. YA SEE I WAS WAY INTO VAMPIRES LIKE WAY BEFORE IT WAS MAINSTREAM OR SOMETHING (but really i have only read whats in that one issue. god knows if i remember what its about, vampires, or something)

shitty lighting in the basement, but here is Outlaw Star perfect box set, Hellsing OVA 1 Limited collectors, That deathnote thing is the actual deathnote cosplay item with a quill pen and series soundtrack (birthday gift, also in moonspeak), TTGL box set 1 with the drill light which is in my room somewhere i dunno, inside is AKIRA remastered, some other random shit like Soultaker, Bastard complete series, another volume of hellsing OVA, and i had Galaxy Express somewhere but that vanished too.

bobble head yoshi says COOL STORY BRO, Kirby is just like w/e :3

and finally, here are the artbook that i own. (Dont ask me what that one with the blonde chick is, its called legend of the Valkyrie or something and it was like $5 at the asain book store i dont even...) got some FMA artbooks (jealous glam? it was another birthday gift anyway), both Angel Sanctuary art books that where published, Persona 4 book i picked up from work, same with Luminous Art. And then there are some more random moonspeak books, Mario, Zelda (4 swords adventures) and KIRBY - random volumes that where $5 a piece again and well me being the fangirl i am for nintendo.... For the record the story is pretty obvious from the pictures in the mario and kirby one at least i just wish i knew what they where saying :<

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:21:51 AM by Demoness » Logged
Crim
Head Codemonkey and Senior Reviewer
Administrator

Rock on shinigami-sama, rock on.

madddog6900
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 05:26:12 AM »

Yoshi better watch out, i don't trust Kirby looking like that.

<Madddog6900> but
<Madddog6900> the carrot song was horrible
<Shere> the carrot song was amazing you take that back
<Madddog6900> no fuck you that song was just as bad as akikan
~~~
<Kowai_Yume> I DONT KNOW WHO ZENY IS
squ33kytoi
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 01:46:08 PM »

That is a genuine 1-up mushroom from Japan. It sits within my Japanese Subaru. Tongue

I have a couple more things that I'll take some pictures of later.

You've got quite a collection there. The Kirby is the shit Cheesy
Demoness
Global Moderator

no u

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 05:32:55 AM »

That is a genuine 1-up mushroom from Japan. It sits within my Japanese Subaru. Tongue

I have a couple more things that I'll take some pictures of later.

You've got quite a collection there. The Kirby is the shit Cheesy

oh shit, i have a yoshi hanging in my car just like that too man i forgot D:
Glam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 11:02:11 PM »

I already have that FMA art book, PLUS the 2nd one.
but not like anybody cares.
 Huh
Demoness
Global Moderator

no u

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 01:48:21 AM »

I already have that FMA art book, PLUS the 2nd one.
but not like anybody cares.
 Huh

lol nice  Cheesy
Demoness
Global Moderator

no u

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 04:05:18 PM »

SUP, talkin to myself again - had a sweet time going to Mitzuah and not being able to buy everything ever that i wanted to buy even though i couldnt read it.

walls and walls and walls

rozen maiden

wtf apollo justice/phoenix wright manga thing?

cool looking goth shit and then bleach ofc

bakuman 2 spotted, and more bleach

almost caved and bought the excalibur one ALMOST ALMOST...

ur faggot FsN

hellsing next to clannads? who'd of thought.

ur lucky star minami-ke stuffs

ITS PIKACHU

they where short on artbooks which made me sad, and i couldnt read the CDs much less anything else. but i had to walk away with one thing other than pocky, so i caved and choose mr despair :3
Shere
Administrator

You spin me right round baby, right round

TheShere
View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 04:03:55 AM »

I'd post pictures but caz deleted them so I have to take new ones.
Shere
Administrator

You spin me right round baby, right round

TheShere
View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2009, 11:53:42 PM »

Let's start with the basics. First off is just the anime shelf:

Nothing too special, and only large enough to take up one whole shelf. The series in order from left to right: Excel Saga, End of Eva, Giant Robo, Pani Poni Dash, Ghost in the Shell, 2 out of 4 volumes of Haruhi, Azumanga Daioh, FMA Movie, Fate/Stay Night, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Gurren Lagann box set with 2/6 volumes in it. Not shown are 2 Detective Conan DVDs and season one of Gunslinger Girl.

Moving up the shelf we come to my only two figurines:

Figma's Saber and Revoltech's Gurren Lagann. Both are really poseable and come with a shitload of accessories. In addition to being extremely poseable, they are also extremely fragile. I mess with them from time to time for comedy but they feel like they're very easy to break. Gurren Lagann in particular The boxes are pretty, but mostly covered in moonspeak. Check out the backs:

Behind the two figs, above the shelf, is my most shameless display of power level, a full size, outdoor-grade/waterproof Gurren-dan flag:

It's something that gets a lot of good comments from people, even those who don't know what it is.

Aside from that, I collect pocket watches. I have about a dozen, and most of them are just normal plain pocket watches of varying color/metal type. However, there are a few instances where my weeaboo interests overlap with that of my pocketwatch obsession. Glam may appreciate this:

Front of the box

Back.

There's a few things to note here. First of all, this originally came with a rather poorly made rendition of Ed's state alchemist pocket watch, the one inside now is a much better one. The original was given to me by a friend for my birthday some years ago, but it quite literally fell apart. The new one is a lot nicer looking, and the chain is rather different. It was only like $20.

In addition to that, I was also given this:

I'm a gigantic nerd for Fate/Stay Night stuff so obviously a nonsensical pocket watch resembling Saber's armor is a perfect fit for my collection. The container it comes in is kinda pretty, it's made of cardboard though and it's a bitch and a half to re-close.

Close-up of the outer design. My camera doesn't do low-light well but the flash kept ruining the picture. In the background you see the broken remains of the original FMA watch, as well as one of my normal gold watches and the stand for my kickin' rad Harley Davidson watch.

Inside. Blurry, but you get the idea. It's just a picture of Saber. The inside cover says "I ask of you, are you my master?" or something. The watch itself is rather useless. It's so cheaply made that it can't really tell time correctly.

I guess if we're talking stuff from japan my imported copy of Jump Ultimate Stars counts too:

No, I didn't import Ouendan, EBA is vastly superior in every way you weeaboo faggots.
Glam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 01:52:25 AM »

Here's the FMA stuff you've all been waiting for.  Don't worry, I shrunk them down so they won't stretch the page since my cellphone wants to take HUGE pictures.  Tongue

My wall full of FMA stuff.

Here are some close ups.

My imported calendar for this year.  It has lots of pretty FMA pictures.

Poster.

Calendar again, with another poster that I had my mom make from when she was still working for a photo developing company.

Wall scroll.

The American FMA calendar.

More FMA stuff, mostly the mangas, art books, information book, and some of the novels.  Missing is the FMA game, I think that's in the other room.

Some more close ups.

This is pretty much self explanatory.

Yeah, I'm know that i'm missing a couple. :[

Roy Mustang, a pocketwatch, some mints and a keychain.

A post card, an Ed figure, and some cards.

Two FMA art books, an FMA profile book, and an FMA necklace.

The Ed pillow.

A lot of keychains and the anime+movie.

The anime [1-8, 10, and 13.] and the special edition of the movie that comes with extra shit.

There is also some more FMA stuff that i didn't feel like including like a sweatshirt, t-shirts, pins, stuff like that.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:12:25 AM by Glam » Logged
Ramza

NOOO MOOOOOORE

shing+oh+two
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 02:18:41 AM »

you guys wish.

Demoness
Global Moderator

no u

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 11:15:57 PM »